After following the recipe that followed with the resin, yes ordinary 1 to 1. I started trying to colour it. First out was acrylic paint and lots of body shimmer. The acrylic paint I used was very old and dry, meaning it worked cause there weren't much water left in it. In the end it came out like a steel blue stone with white shimmer and also small white dots.
For the next bunch I used eye shadow, which in fact is dried pigment. This worked a bit better, since I was out more for the crystal look. Or since I just used a big bunch of eye shadow at least the colour became brighter and not as see through as I first thought. But they became pretty and I like them.
I bought my resin at AnnieHowes store at etsy.com
What I learned about resin in this adventure:
- It smells. Be in a well ventilated room or get dizzy.
- Start small and find out how much resin you really need. I ended up with six extra crystal which I have no idea what to do with and I also had to throw some cause I had nowhere to put it.
- Check out a bunch of tutorials. My favorites:
- Read the instructions that follows with the resin at least five time, 'cause if I say five times I'll know you will read it at least one time.
- Have fun and don't spill on your clothes.